Do you think Obama gives a shit about the military?

I honestly don't think he does. A-hole. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband is proof positive that he, along with Congress, don't really care about our soldiers. I won't go into great detail, but my husband retired from the USAF after 21 years and because he became ill his last 6 months of service with terminal cancer, the government gave him the boot and took everything away he worked so hard to achieve. When I wrote the President and various members of Congress, they, too, shunned it off. This is a 2- time Iraqi war veteran who has been tossed aside and our government can't even give him a proper burial. How's THAT for proof?
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I honestly don't think he even knows how to do his job. He makes me sick.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Okay the real reason I'm anonymous is because I'm a-scared of what y'all will think of me because I don't think Obama gives a s*** about the military. I just...whenever I see him talk about the military in his speeches he just does not seem as compassionate about it as he does about other things. That's all. He lacks...enthusiasm. JMO

***

TRUST ME....you are FAR from being the sole dissenting opinion on Obama, around here!!! LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• he doesnt give a shit about nothing.who voted for him in the first place.i didnt
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Obama is an orginizer, a rallier, he is a "Bring the people together and cheer" kind of guy. He is NOT a leader. He doesn't know the first thing about how to lead, how to use his power to the country's benefit, or how to even vote properly. So no, he doesn't care about the military or this country, because he doesn't know the first thing about it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no, i don't think BO cares much about the military, either..like lori said, YOU ARE NOT ALONE with your negative opinion of him...history pretty much shows military-support is not the most common thread across the party-lines. (no, i've no linky..y'all know you can search yourself.)
    however, i wouldn't go so far as to call him an ''A-hole'', either. i save that for when someone cuts me off in traffic. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes, he does and so does his wife.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• KAILUA, Hawaii — President-elect Barack Obama visited U.S. military families while they ate Christmas Day dinner, thanking them for their service and posing for pictures.

Obama on Thursday visited Marine Corps Base Hawaii near his rented vacation home and briefly chatted with enlisted members who ate turkey, ham and roast beef. He didn't make formal remarks or speak to reporters during the stop, one of the few public sightings of the president-elect on what aides call a private family vacation.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sweet, those are photo ops. It's been noted that he gets all squirmy in a room full of brass. It's been noted that he doesn't look them in the eye and meets with them as little as possible. He ignores much of what his military advisors tell him ~ and for someone that likely never even played with little toy soldiers, that is frightening. He caters to the enemy our soldiers are fighting, which is even more terrifying. He was no where to be found after the Ft. Hood mess ~ he waited until it was cleaned up and than showed up for just another photo op.

He doesn't like soldiers, he doesn't understand them, and he acts like he is afraid to be around that many people who have been trained to shoot at things. Not only do I believe he doesn't care about our troops, I believe he is highly unfit/underqualified to lead them or give them orders.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Oh and also, strong opinions sorta come with the territory of living in the USA. I think anyone who can't handle THAT is "unamerican".
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 9:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010