How did your child do their first year in pre-school?

My DD starts preschool in the fall and it will be her first year. I'm a little nervous about hwo she will do. She did fine at day care but I know pre-school is a whole different scale than day care. So I'm nervous about it. How did your child do their first time?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 3:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She did great. :-) She cried the first couple of times we dropped her off, but her teacher said she was done crying before we were even likely out of the building!
    She learned a lot, made a lot of friends, and just had a good time. I was more nervous than she was.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My son adjusted quickly as did ll but one of the kids in his class. Odds are your child will do just fine. She's already done daycare so she's been away from you. That's by far the hardest part. Relax and assume she'll do just fine or she's likely to pick up on your anxiety!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well he met his teacher at hopen house so...he ran off to his her the first day. Never looking back!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The first 2 weeks he wouldn't say a single word to anyone - not the other kids, not the teacher. He'd nod or shake his head. By week 3, she couldn't shut him up. She was awesome with him and didn't push him. Hers was a mixed program so he was there year round - pre-school during the school year and regular daycare in the summer. By the last week before kindy he was crying about having to leave.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• This will *hopefully* be our sons first year too! I am so nervouse! GL momma!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:30 AM on Aug. 29, 2010