Am I justified?

My husband recently began online gaming again (He had stopped when we had children). Last night he was up until 3 am playing this game, and now he is on his second nap of the day and I am fuming.

I am a WAHM, so every day of the week I take care of the girls, clean the house, and work. Since we are on a strict budget, we never go out on weekends, so here I am, on a Saturday, doing what I do everyday- by myself.

Am I justified in my hurt and anger? He knows how I feel. Do you have any solutions?

Biz1985

Asked by Biz1985 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I went through the same thing and I feel your pain. I ended up divorcing him because I knew I deserved better. Im sorry I dont have any advice for you. Good luck!
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'd be fuming too.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'll be mad too. My husband use to pull this crap as well but he'll be up to almost 6AM and then go to sleep when the kids got up and sleep all day and then the cycle begins again. I wouldn't care if he played it sometimes but for over 12 hours every day he had a day off, no I don't think so. SO I got rid of the games and deleted them off the computer. He was mad for a bit then he realized he was missing spending what time he had with his kids on a stupid game.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Other than making it known how you feel I don't know what to suggest :( But I hope you get it resolved soo, think you're totally right to be pissed xx
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• open communication is everything to me and my relationship so I say sit him down and talk about it. Remember he could be doing alot worse on the computer then playing games like looking at porn or chatting with other women.
    motherofpearl3

Answer by motherofpearl3 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would leave him home if I had to, but I would do some fun stuff on Saturdays. Make some plans that you would enjoy doing with or without him. Invite him to come. If he says no, then go on and have yourself a good time. Don't tell him when you will be home or any other of the details. Make a day of it. Do not let his choices control your life. Also get a copy of BOUNDARIES IN MARRIAGE by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend. It will give you lots of ideas as to how to work on this.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• He's acting like a child so treat him like one. Take his gaming system away. Hide it until he can agree to limit his time on it.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes you are, just as I am! Preach it, sister, Preach it!
    My husband is a gamer too .. I FINALLY got him to start going to bed at midnight, because he had a string of being late to work this last week. Not good. He definately lacks in doing his share of the household duties due to his gaming. He'd sleep all afternoon on his dayoffs if I weren't there to wake his happy but up. It's infuriating.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010