I have right to be scared don't I?

I had a mamagram 3 weeks ago the results weren't good, on the 24th I am having another plus an ultra sound of the breast and my doc has already set a date for just in case I have to have a biopsey. I am scared but everyone keeps telling me its nothing and that I need to suck it up and deal with it.

I am 33 with 2 kids and I just lost a good friend 2 years ago to cancer and just lost my mother in law to cancer this past April.

I do have the right to be scared!!! Don't I?

Momof2Stepof3

Asked by Momof2Stepof3 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (-4 Credits)
  • Well, it may be nothing. But yes, you do have the right to be scared. It may be nothing, but you don't know that yet, so of course you're going to want to think the worst. I would try to think positively, tell yourself that everything will be fine. Don't let the fear overwhelm you. But don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't be scared either. I hope everything turns out ok for you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• you have a right to be scared, and you have a repsonsibility to your family to keep it together. my bet is your friends are rather tactlessly trying to get you to do so.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I think you have a right to be scared. I also think you are on a good path for find out exactly what is going on & that is what is the most important. Try to remain calm & wait to see for sure before you go off the deep end. Hard advice to swallow, I mean it with the upmost kindness.

It might be a good time to double check your priorities & values. It could be a blessing in disguise.

Take Care!!
    lotsofchange

Answer by lotsofchange at 2:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• That happened to me once,,I had a mammagraghm,,the doctor wanted to get another one on one breast,,did that,,and the doctor never called me after the second..I went in to see what was up ,,And he said everything was clear...I told him off for not saying anything to me...Because I was wooried...Come to find out most doctors have this policy if the test come back negitive they don't call you

Answer by louise2 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You do have a right to be scared. but you can not let the worry rule you.  I know that is easier said than done.

I had to have a biopsy of my breast and one of my liver. Luckily both were fine. It was the worrying that almost was the end of me.

valkay

Answer by valkay at 3:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You absolutely have a right to be scared. If anyone is telling you to suck it up and deal with it, then they are not good friends. I'm just wondering why they are waiting 5 weeks to get an ultrasound. When I had a bad mammography, I got an ultrasound right then and there. Thank God, it was negative, but I do have a history of breast cancer in my family, so I was terrified. You should also insist they give you an MRI. Sometimes you need to be assertive. I wouldn't wait that long. Early detection is the best! Keep us posted on your results and good luck!
    Janine
    camaguay

Answer by camaguay at 9:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Sure you have the right to be scared.....but it really may be nothing serious, last year I went through a scare, had a mammogram, then had to go back and have the ultra sound one, finally I was told I have cyst in my breast, and they are harmless...Thank God.....I do understand how you are feeling and how scared you are, but really try not to over react too soon, tell yourself it will come out to be nothing serious....keep your thoughts positive.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2008