Please take time to watch this video... (1 minute long) about drunk driving:)

I know this isn't a question, but it is a really powerful 1 minute video about drinking and driving. These are friends of mine from my small hometown in ND. I went to school with Steve and his other siblings, and they lived down the street from us for awhile when we were growing up. Very sad... Hope this makes its way around the internet to make people more aware. Link below... also placed it in this category because I wasn't sure where to put it. Thanks:)

shanlaree

Asked by shanlaree at 3:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• shanlaree

Comment by shanlaree (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It's common sense it's bad.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Absolutely horrible and preventable. =( Sorry Shannon.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry.
    I think just about everyone knows someone who was involved in a drunk driving accident. It's very sad the way they take other people's lives in their own inebriated hands.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It is so important for everyone to NOT drink and drive but so many think they are still in control and that they can drive. But they can't. Just recently there have been two deadly accidents in my area caused by drunk teens. One of those teens was also on drugs and she had been hospitalized twice for mental breakdowns but still drove even though her license was suspended. In another accident, a kid drove his Dad's truck over a median and killed a Mom and her two kids instantly. Then there are the drunk drivers who fall asleep at the wheel and drive off the road into a lake,,etc. etc. Its just stupid to even have one beer and then drive. I haven't done it since about 1992. And that time was after just one glass of wine. But it was wrong of me. I didn't cause an accident but I was taking a chance.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thanks everyone, it is just a sad situation all together. This woman that was driving wasn't even a teen, she was a grown ass adult with a kid of her own. Apparently she was a known partier and people actually let her leave their house this way, and it was only 6 PM! Her child is now motherless and this family lost a wonderful woman, on her birthday no less. Very sad. Thanks for watching.
    shanlaree

Comment by shanlaree (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Just dumping answers. =)
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i live in a small town of about 4.000 people,,, and drumnk driving wrecks are getting higher here every year,, its always high school kids,,,quit a few of them have been really bad.. none of the kids have died from them though in recent years...what i dont get though is why does everyone baby those who choose to drive drunk and then get put in the hospital because they wreck and get hurt?
    last weekend a guy that was in the grade below me was in a wreck with his brother (about the same age) they left a party and were DRUNK! they got in a horrible wreck and one is in a coma...the other messed up his back really bad and has a brken leg....i do feel bad for them and hope they get better %100. but i talked to o the person that reported the wreck and saw it happen...he said that the boys (devin and gage) drove past him on the high way doing ATLEAST 90mph...that they were driving crazy and that they flipped................
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• the cops said that they rolled and slid 100 yards... yes this is a horrible situation and sad.....but everyone is treating them both like victims! what if they ran into someone else and killed them??? then everyone would be saying how horrible it was for them to be driving.. but now they are just saying that it wasnt their fault,,, that bad things happen to good people... its so aggrivating that EVERYONE is telling them that its okay and that everything wuill be fine... who is guna make them be respinsable for what they did?
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• gages parents have even already said that if he dies that they are goinjg to press charges on the guy who lives at the house where the party was because he was letting everyone drink... i understand that it was wrong for him to do that....BUT they chose to drink!!! THEY chose to drive.. and THEY chose to act stupid!! and everyone is taking the blame away from them
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2010