will do the 2 not the 1!

so I have noticed that many moms, while potty traing thier little ones, say thast thier child will only pee in the potty, not poop. My DD is the opposite. She will only run and go poop in the potty. when she pees in her diaper or on the floor, she just smiles and says "go pee on floor". she is 2 years old(26 months). I havent had tochange a poopy diaper in months, but how bout the urine. what do I do? Maybe she cant hold it in well enough to pee in the potty. what do you think? how can i hel;p her out? We do rewards, stickers, highfives you name it. I had the potty chair in the living room, etc. any other tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your child taking a leak in public is obviously going to get her into trouble, if you do not take action as soon as possible. If she can take a dump, she should actually be able to leak out some yellow water in the toilet as well. One thing I can recommend to you is visiting this incredible website called Nogginpower2. Some of the things I discovered in Nogginpower2 were that they provide you some packets, such as Getting Great Grades, Discipline, Making New Friends, Getting a Good Night Sleep/Bed Wetting and Better Social Skills. These manuals from Nogginpower2 should aid you in a straightforward, yet informative manner on how to teach your child to use the bathroom properly. I hope this helps. Thank you and good luck.
    paulacolls19715

Answer by paulacolls19715 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Let her sit in it! Put her in regular underwear and let her pee herself. She'll get it real quick when she realizes how much she doesn't like being wet. Many have tried this and it has been known to work!! She's still young so don't worry. My ped told my mom that you never see a kid go to kindergarten in diapers so don't rush it.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yea pretty much dont change her after she pees in panties... thats like the resort parents who know their child CAN g on the potty, but refuse to do so LOL.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Make it 'magical' for her. I did this with my daughter...
    I told her all about a little girl (namely her) who had magical powers and just didn't know it. Before this story I went and put food coloring in the toilet (namely Red or Blue) and then told her that she was so magical she could change the water colors in the potty! I honestly didn't think it would work but to my suprise...it did! If you put Red in there and she pees in the potty, it'll make orange. If you put blue, it'll make green. She fell for it and even bragged that she was magical...dragging everyone in the bathroom to show them how she changed the water colors! You could always add your own little twist to it, but the key is the color changing water! :) Good luck!
    eyef0undnem0

Answer by eyef0undnem0 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008