please i need some advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my 3 year old has been potty trained for about 6 months and she wont stop pooping in her pants. iv tried everything, sticker chart, bribing and all i just dont know what to do! she knows when she needs to go but wont go on the potty, the big one or the little one.

has any one elses kid dont this? how long before they stoped?
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT!

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 3:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Has she had any big changes in her life? Started preschool, did you move, anything like that? Sometimes changes like that will trigger that.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no nothing at all she has done this sence she started potty training she has never went in the potty im just getting so tired of it!
    ashleywilkerson

Comment by ashleywilkerson (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I went through this. My oldest was slow to potty train because I had two babies after her. I had her brother when she was just 20 months old and then had her sister when she was 40 months old. Her pediatrician told me to relax and stop stressing over her potty issues. He said she won't go to kindergarten wearing diapers that eventually she would decide she wanted to use the potty like everyone else. So, I took his advice. I stopped making her sit on the potty. I stopped asking if she wanted to go potty. I put her in pull ups and changed her when she soiled herself (without talking to her or making it fun, just matter of fact).

Then one day she ran to the bathroom, put the stool in place, sat down all on her own, and pooped. It was way easier on her and me when I stopped thinking about what others were saying and just let my DD use the potty when she felt ready.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm not sure if I'm necessarily suggesting this as I have mixed feelings over it, but I read somewhere that if they CLEARLY UNDERSTAND about the potty and are still pooping in their pants, to take them out to the water hose to wash off their bum. It's supposed to be uncomfortable enough for them to remember the next time, "Ooh, I'd rather not have to get sprayed down." In the summer it might be more fun rather than a shock, but it's just a thought. I have not tried it, nor am I sure it is a good idea for your situation, but you might could give it some thought.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• P.S. As with all discipline training, it shouldn't be done in an angry or shameful way, just a matter-of-fact way. LIke, "Well you are 3 now, you are too big for Mommy to wipe with wipeys, so we have to go outside."
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would put her on every couple of hours to retrain her. I also would keep reinforcing the thinking that if she has to go she should tell you so it stays fresh in her mind that this is how its done. I don't think she's forgotten, it's probably just easier the other way.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Is she in diapers/pullups or in big girl undies? If you havent already I would take her to go and let her pick out her very own big girl panties. Play up how special and great they are and how we don't want to have any accidents in them. Then try taking her regularly to go, but make sure you are watching her when she is off the potty. When she starts to go in her pants (she will most likely) quickly move her to the bathroom so she can at least FINISH on the potty. Ask her how it feels (yucky, right?) to go in her pants and how if she ever needs to go to the potty so she doesn't ruin her nice new BIG girl undies she can come and get you.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I just remembered I have a friend who got two kinds of undies for her daughter when they were potty training. She got plain white, and she got princess ones. She would start the day with the fun ones, but if she wet or soiled them, she would have to wear white ones the rest of the day.

I've also heard to make her wear panties- That she will eventually get the picture that you're not going back to diapers and if she wants to be comfortable she will need to use the potty.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• she wear panties all day, but i was reading up on this thing called "poop-jail" and im going to give it a try starting tmrw
    ashleywilkerson

Comment by ashleywilkerson (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010