how is being pregnant?

im new at being pregnant. and i was wanting to get advice about what things i should and should not do while pregnant. i dont know much about it. and i cant tell my mom that i am pregnant yet. im alittle scared to tell her and so i cant ask her for advice. i need some advice please. :)

shinny_star17

Asked by shinny_star17 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• See a doctor is number 1... And take your prenatal vitamins. If they are to horrible to choke down, go buy a multi vitamin.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well, what do you want to know?? If you want, you can pm me and ask anything you want...I am on my 3rd pregnancy with my 4th baby.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Do you have an ob? Because they or a local health department can answer a lot of questions you will have. I do recommend the ACOG book "Your Pregnancy and Birth"- the new edition has a lot of good info and goes through development and common concerns for the whole pregnancy. I'm on pregnancy # 2 right now, you can pm me if you have any questions :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• how old are you.do u live near a health dept.have dinner with your mom and ease your way into a conversation and when that gets going then you tell her your pregnant.if your old enough she will help you
    michelle34231

Answer by michelle34231 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• or get the book "what to expect when ur expecting" i got it for free at either the health dept or women center, cant remember....it helps ur follow it week by week or go to www.babycenter.com i love that site as well!....goodluck to u n if u wanna talk u can msg me im 23 n on my 1st pregnancy!.....if ur hips start hurtin sleep wit a pillow in between em!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 4:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Speak to your OB/GYN about your specific restrictions and take some sort of vitamin, whether it is a prenatal or a Flintstone vitamin.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You can PM me also. First and for most you need to see a doctor ASAP. By any chance are you a young momma to-be? I work with teen mommas. So whenever you want to chat look me up.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i am 19
    shinny_star17

Comment by shinny_star17 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• #1 No cold lunch meat, no raw shellfish, avoid eating things high in mercury, like swordfish.
    #2, Get a bottle of prenatals. You can get them anywhere. Take them religiously.
    #3. get to the doctor asap.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• ok so no lunch meat like turkey,chicken ect? may i ask why? just wondering.
    shinny_star17

Comment by shinny_star17 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010