normal to be hungry all the time?

I'm only 4 weeks, but I'm constantly hungry! Before I got pregnant it was normal for me to eat 1 or 2 meals a day without a problem, but now I'm hungry 10 minutes after I'm done eating. is this normal so early on in my pregnancy?

Hol10

Asked by Hol10 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes, making a baby takes lots of energy. if you are hungry, feed yourself, but be smart about it. have small frequent meals. healthy fats will help you feel fuller longer, so try to have stuff like nuts, PB, avocadoes, salads with olive oils, stuff like that. try to avoid things with a lot of sugar bc they will spike your blood sugar, then it will fall and make you feel hungry again.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• yeah. just eat alot of a little, if that makes sense. like, have a nice breakfast, and if you're hungry later, only have something like a cereal bar.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• oooh yes thats exactly how i have been since day one and it still has not stopped while beside the whole morning sickness stage then i was still very hungry i just couldnt even think of food but im done with that stage and i eat and eat all day i make it really healthy food and i do work out so i dont gain excess fat i dont want but it is very normall dont not eat if u are hungry then eat dont be afraid at all... sometimes just a cereal bar doesnt do it ur still hungry so whatever is healthy not to junk foody and filles ur hunger then go at it ;)
    charlene599

Answer by charlene599 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2008