IF IM 7 WEEKS U THINK ITS OK 2 COLOR MY HAIR?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Generally you're supposed to wait until your second or third trimester to color your hair. Some say it's okay any time during pregnancy, but I think it's safest to wait until your baby is done forming and everything. Some chemicals can harm it right now, but if you wait until you're about 14 weeks, you'll have a better chance of it not doing anything to the baby =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• there's this show called The Doctors on ABC at 4pm EST. you should watch it. yesterday they had the answer to this question and they said that after the 1st trimester it's ok.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It's perfectly fine! I had my hair highlighter(bleached) my entire pregnancy. The only thing to stay away from is perming; and that is only warned because your different hormones will not allow your hair to hold the curls! Go for it!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I had my hair dyed with every pregnancy just make sure to be in a room with good ventilation so you don't fume yourself out. my kids turned out fine
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it depends on your body type and your hormones. my first sone i dyed my hair my whole pregnancy and it turned out great . with this pregnancy i dyed my hair and it turned a funny shade of gray so make sure you test a little stripe before you jump into it.
    kstarr87

Answer by kstarr87 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My doctor doesn't want me to dye my hair at all during my pregnancy. However, my girlfriend dyed her hair throughout both of her pregnancies and her boys are just fine.
    calli7147

Answer by calli7147 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• yes, its fine i just died my hair about 3 days ago but i still used a mask like to cover my nose and mouth from really inhailing the chemicals and becarefull with getting it on ur skin u know just to be extra safe ;) but i think u will be fine just dont go sniffing ur hair while the die is in haha ;)
    charlene599

Answer by charlene599 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2008