reusing old vinyl shower curtains?

odd question, but I bought a new shower curtain today because one of the ones we had...it was tme to get rid of it lol. But I felt bad throwing it away (I did of course). If it werent in that bad of a condition, what could I have done with it to reuse it somehow? I can already say I'd save the magnets for a craft project or something...

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• WE use an old shower curtain in the summer as a tarp for coverig the baby pool so we don't have to empty and refill it every day plus it keeps misquotes out.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• great idea!!!!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We've used them to cover a surface for painting, both for the house and paint for our two year old.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 5:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I throw mine in the washer with beach, soak it a while w/hot water and put it on the clothes line to dry and straighten out. I can do that a few times before I think it needs to be thrown out. The bleach gets rid of all the mildew.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 5:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You can use it for painting, projects, or if its clean cut out shapes and let the kids paint them with craft paint and make window clings out of them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• slip & slide for the kids
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• these are great ideas ladies! thanks!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• use it as a floor cover for when kiddies get messy lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You can use it to create a huge game on it. Take the colored sharpie markers and create a design. It's big enough to were the kids can be the markers for the game. Best of all, once you are finished, you can just fold it up and store it away. It doesn't take up much room.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:49 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• We have an open metal bookcase in the garage and we cover the front so dust doesn't get them easily.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2010