My son has just turned 9 months and for about a month now he has had a progressing rash show up around his mouth, chin, forehead and cheeks. He has been to the hospital and they said it is baby acne but from my research it does seem to be. He has an appointment coming up soon but my concern is now? HELP!!

ohmama23

Asked by ohmama23 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• From what it sounds it might be yeast infection from his milk. My soon got this all on his neck. It's easy taken care of. Just calm down and wait for the appointment. Don't stress out. It may just be acne since I dont know for sure what it looks like
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• *My son
    mommy_of_two388

• Can you either take a picture of it or find a picture on line of what it looks like?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Have you introduced any new foods lately? Sometimes the first sign of a food sensitivity is a rash on the face.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 5:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• is he teething?
    could it be a new food or milk allergy?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Is he teething? My son gets eczema flare up's when he's teething... his cheecks and chin get bright red, dry and cracked and sometimes problems other places on his body too.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:18 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My daughter used to get these 'rashes' more like splotchiness for her when I was feeding her dairy formula. She is highly allergic to dairy, and her allergy has gotten worse as she gets older. Is it related to feeding time, or just random?
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:39 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes, he is teething. Yes we have introduce new foods but it has been a while that they have been in his diet. And OH yeah he is teething...my son will chew on anything and everything he can. I have noticed that the bumps really only pop up where his enfamil has touched. His whole left side of his face is clear but the other surfaces are covered with bumps that look to be drying out now and peeling in some places. It looked a little like what my face looks like when my face breaks out and then clears up. Thank you for all of the answers!
    ohmama23

Comment by ohmama23 (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010