SAVING ELECTRICITY QUESTION

Are there any fun games that I can do with the kids to get them to turn off lights? They are always leaving them on and neither me or my husband is like that. I hate having to tell them all the time to turn them off.

jessicamelia83

Asked by jessicamelia83 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• try to do a reward system maybe a chart that they get to put a check by their names every time they turn off a light and at the end of the week or month you could see if they met their check quota(whatever number you choose)Then if they do they earn a special reward of some sorts...hmmm thats all i got,i wonder if this trick will work for husbands...lolo

nikki7376

Answer by nikki7376 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• lol charge them a nickel everytime you find one on. lol yeah I know, not very fun huh.
    I had to charge my son a nickel everytime I had to flush the toilet for him. worked like a charm lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 1:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• that is a good idea
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Change all your light bulbs in your house out to the new type of bulbs,,,incandescent bulbs that will save you some $$$$ right their,,,truthfully their is no easy way to get your kids to turn out the lights but to yell at them or turn them off your self.  Good luck

Answer by louise2 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Just keep telling them and reminding them to turn them off. It might take a while to get them use to it though. My 7 year old finally learn. Everytime he leaves a room he turns them off. Then my tree year old fallows. Is just a matter of time.
    bonita23

Answer by bonita23 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• thanks nikki7376. I love yea. I don't know maybe it would work on them 2.. :)
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Just explain to them that you and your husband have to pay for the electricity if they could please turn off the lights after they are done in the room. (If they are of age to understand-explain) If not make a game out of it like if they do remember to turn off the lights after they use it you will take them any where they want for the weekend for being responsible children. (With in a limit of course). Good Luck!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008