Hide and Seek??

Okay, so I've been pregnant a few times before, but this pregnancy has me rubbing my head in confusion. Most of my pregnancies, I've shown earlier and earlier (not sure why, but it happens) but with this one, I'm showing one minute, then the next I barely look pregnant at all. I know being 10wks, most women barely show anyway, but with my last I looked like I was 20wks, so I'm kinda scared that something could be wrong.
Am I the only one with a "hide and no seek" kinda pregnancy? Could there be something wrong? Should I just let it go and let my body grow at its own rate?

HELP please

MomtoMichael2

Asked by MomtoMichael2 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How much you show varies between different people and different pregnancies, normally there is nothing to worry about at all. Obviously you'll go to all your normal check ups and stuff, so if no problems are discovered there then I wouldn't panic if I were you.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 4:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• With DS I was HUGE in the end but didn't look pregnant until I was 8 months. With DD I was showing way early and looked pregnant but my belly was tiny. I gave birth looking only 5 months. AS far as the hide and seek...It could be a combination of bloating and perspective. Anybody pregnant or not sees their body differently day to day. I think your fine!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No worries. Every pregnancy is different. You tend to show earlier with consecutive pregnancies because the abdominal muscles have already been stretched from the first pregnancy. As long as baby is growing let nature take it's course.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• With my son I didn't show til I was 7 months, with this pregnancy tho I started showing at around 12wks (Im now 22) and some days I have a nice big bump and others its hardly there, Im not concerned as feel baby moving alot I think he just likes snuggling up in certain positions.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I wouldnt worry about it at the beginning of this pregnancy if i ate to much i would look more pregnant and then like in the mornings and sometimes throughout the day i didnt even look preggo anymore lol. Now im a huge bowling ball and it doesnt go away at all. Enjoy it while you can lol
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it much. The way you carry your baby, where it implants and etc all plays into how early you start to show. Have you been to see a Doctor yet? That would be my first thought, see the Doctor. If they see a heartbeat and say everything is okay then you don't need to worry. Just pray about it and get in to see the Doctor.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 6:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have to agree with hsmominky the way you carry your baby plays a major role on how early you start to show it also plays a role on the fact that some days you will look larger than other days
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• That's perfectly normal actually. As the baby moves the position of your belly moves as well. Yesterday evening my Montana sized belly only looked the size of it's state capital. Then today just like every other day it is back to being the size of Montana. And the reason you show earlier and earlier is due to the fact that you have been pregnant before. Your body knows what to expect, what to do, and just prepares itself earlier then it had with a previous pregnancy. Your muscles are also prepared, so they just pop right out in preperation for that baby to start growing inside.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think it's bloating and water weight more than anything. When you really start to show . It won't go away
    BkMommy2be

Answer by BkMommy2be at 10:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thank you all.
    MomtoMichael2

Comment by MomtoMichael2 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010