An OCD ?

This may seem like a silly question, but it's something that has been bugging me. Would you consider OCD if I HAD to have the volume on tv only on an certain set of numbers? Like say if the volume is set on 1, I have to set it to 2 or 4 or so on. I absolutley can not have it set on 13. I know for sure I'm going to get bashed (hence the anon ) but I'm hoping someone out there might be able to give me some insight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• People with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) have persistent, upsetting thoughts (obsessions) and use rituals (compulsions) to control the anxiety these thoughts produce. Most of the time, the rituals end up controlling them.

For example, if people are obsessed with germs or dirt, they may develop a compulsion to wash their hands over and over again. If they develop an obsession with intruders, they may lock and relock their doors many times before going to bed. Being afraid of social embarrassment may prompt people with OCD to comb their hair compulsively in front of a mirror-sometimes they get “caught” in the mirror and can’t move away from it. Performing such rituals is not pleasurable. At best, it produces temporary relief from the anxiety created by obsessive thoughts.

~see second post~
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 4:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think everyone has their OCD 'things' If that make you OCD then I have it for sure!! I can only stop the microwave in increments of 5 even if it might burn. lol The TV must be set on an even number. I eat M&M's by color in rainbow order. LMBO! The more I think about it the worse it gets. I have to eat one thing on my plate at a time. If it is one dish meal I will eat all the meat out of it first. Wow.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Other common rituals are a need to repeatedly check things, touch things (especially in a particular sequence), or count things. Some common obsessions include having frequent thoughts of violence and harming loved ones, persistently thinking about performing sexual acts the person dislikes, or having thoughts that are prohibited by religious beliefs. People with OCD may also be preoccupied with order and symmetry, have difficulty throwing things out (so they accumulate), or hoard unneeded items.

MTM

• Maybe 13 is too loud. Perhaps you have found a comfortable volume and that's what you like. I do not see a problem.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Everyone has little odd things that they do. If it becomes where you can't live your everyday life because of it then it may be OCD.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• haha, I'm the same way. It has to be on increments of 5. I doubt one or two idiosyncrasies makes someone OC, though.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010