please help me i am in so much pain!

my back is killing me! its my lower back and it a really dull pain and its making my legs throb and my stomach ache! if i move it in certain places it is an extremly sharp pain and i have to stop and lean over! i am only 15 weeks pregnant does anyone know what could be wrong or is this normal??

babykins362003

Asked by babykins362003 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i'd go see the doctor. i've never had that.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It's actually fairly common to have lower back and leg pain during pregnancy. It can come from any number of things, from the extra weight (you may not notice it, but your body does) to the hormone Relaxin which causes the tendons and ligaments in your entire body to relax, to the change in your center of gravity, to your little addition pressing on your sciatic nerve. Stay Active! Regular, appropriate exercise is your best friend during pregnancy. A warm compress or heating pad for a few minutes at a time can help, and Tylenol is not a no no. If it persists, talk to your doc.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• is it all the time or at night?
    dannysgirl77

Answer by dannysgirl77 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• all the time! when i wake up it is not as intense but it gets worse as i do stuff during the day
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It's your Sciatic nerve acting up! I had it with my first pregnancy, and for the first 20 weeks of this one. The baby could be sitting on that nerve causing you the pressure. My doctor advised pain management, but I just stuck it out and it finally subsided.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I'm only 13 weeks and my lower back was killing me yesterday.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• try getting on your elbows and knees and rocking your pelvis side to side and back and forth...if your baby is on a nerve, this may convince him/her to move... Otherwise, I would go to get a urine test to see if you are getting a bladder or kidney infection....that might be the problem.
    walkersmomma

Answer by walkersmomma at 9:57 AM on Oct. 11, 2008