will hospitals give a blood test to c if ur prego or do the just do the pee test

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the normal is pee test but if you ask for a blood test or the pee test comes back negative and you feel you are certain you are pregnant they will do a blood test
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• depends on which one you go to. with my son, they did the pee test. with my daughter, they didn't do either test. they just listened for a heartbeat at my first appt. they didn't hear a heartbeat though, so they had to do an ultra sound. turned out i wasn't as far along as we thought i was.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• depends on the hospital. You can probably request one or the other.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• When the hospital told me I was, it was just after they did the pee test, and it came back positive. And to be sure I asked them to run a blood test just to make sure, and when they got the results from that one it was also positive. So here I am 28 weeks prego and it seems like I just found out yesterday. Really something to find out after spending six hours in a trauma center..
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008