Should we start looking for a new place?

They found a dead body next to one of our dumpsters in our apartment complex

mrs.ross09

Asked by mrs.ross09 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Only if you killed the person.
    All kidding aside, I'd need to know more than just a dead body found before I moved. Murdered? By a stranger, or someone they knew? Drug overdose? Someone who lived there? A body just dumped by the dumpster? Did they just fall and hit their head and die?
    Too many what ifs. If there were no other problems (breakins, drug abuse, violence), I'd stay.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• depends if you've always live in a bad area, just becuase there is a body doesnt mean the place is horrible to live. But I would be crept out
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• wow i have no answer ust be carefull
    evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• WOW, that would freak me out a little. If your uncomfortable then yes, I would move.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I agree it would depend on the circumstances.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'd be looking and vigilant. Actively search for another place. It doesn't mean that you have to move, but if you find that you fret about this incident, or you learn more about it that disturbs you, then you'll have done some of the work toward finding another place. Keep your eyes open for further unpleasant or disturbing events or people in the area. If this was a one time thing in an area where you are comfortable with the people, then OK, but if you notice that say three doors down there is a steady stream of people arriving and leaving at all times of day and night and the owner of the place seems spacey, then maybe not a good place.

Answer by Bmat at 4:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you can afford to the move and I think I’d avoid dumping trash there for a while. Maybe you might suggestion moving that dumpster to another area of the apartment complex.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think it would depend on the circumstances. As horrible as it is bad things happen everywhere and, if this was an isolated incident or nothing to do with you or any of your neighbours, it would seem a shame to uproot yourself and your family. If you remain nervous about it though then move, obviously your happiness and the safety of your children are your priority.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 4:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not if it's found to be a body dump. If the murder happened someplace else, not even in your neighborhood, and they just dumped there, then there's no point in moving. That is creepy. And sad. I hope you didn't see it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not really. Something like that could happen anywhere you go-maybe that person was dabbling in the wrong stuff like drugs or something.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010