So if you're por0life b/c you don't think women should have to go through with the pregnancy in cases of rape, incest, & medical conditions....

would you change your opinion if there was a law passed & strictly inforced that allowed abortions with consent of a doctor that says 1 of the 3 above conditions applies? So if a woman was raped, she could got to the doctor after she was raped and the doctor signed off on it, then she could get an abortion. Would that change your opinion of being pro-life or pro-choice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am 100% pro-life and believe that every human being, that includes unborn babies, have a right to life. If a woman chooses to go in a back alley for an abortion that is her choice and she knows the risk of infection or death. There are many families that are waiting to adopt and less than 10% of abortions are from rape or incest.
    I know a few women who were raped and became pregnant. Most of them gave their babies up for adoption and do not regret carry the baby full term.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• So if you're por0life b/c you don't think women should have to go through with the pregnancy in cases of rape, incest, & medical conditions....

I meant pro-CHOICE, not prolife! sorry.
    Anonymous

• I am pro-life. I believe that a child deserves to live and its not their fault how they were conceived. Adoption is always an option. There are so many couples out there who cannot have kids and they deserve those poor kids who didn't get the chance.
    Anonymous

• i agree with anonymous. i had a friend that got raped and she had her baby, she just had him adopted.
    Anonymous

• Nothing would change my mind to be pro-choice. If ever a bill were to be passed that would upset the outcome of Roe V. Wade, it would be catastrophic. Many women will go by way of the back alley abortions that lead to so many infections and even deaths. Also, you would be forcing people to have babies that they didn't want. If you think that child abuse is bad now, wait to see what would come after this happens. Another problem would be the welfare system. More money would be needed to feed, house and clothe these unwanted children.
    mscottsmom

Answer by mscottsmom at 1:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yeah, nothing would change my mind of being pro life.
    Anonymous

• no, because it adds a layer of bureaucracy and further victimizes a person who doesn't deserve it.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I am staunchly pro-life. I do not believe Roe V Wade will ever be over turned, but I do believe there should be stricter guidelines. No abortion should EVER take place after the age of viability unless the mother's life is in danger. If a child CAN survive, it should be allowed to survive.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 2:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I think that a child should be allowed to live... I don't believe in abortions mainly b/c A. someone out there wants a child and should have yours since you don't want it anyway... and B. B/c my mom wanted to have an abortion w/ me....
    Anonymous

• It's not your kid why do you care so much, how would you feel to have to go through something so traumatic and everyday be reminded of it by carrying that baby, what if a mom is on drugs and she knows shes not going to quit because of being pregnant, Im not all for abortion but i think in some circumstances is better for them and it's that womans choice, not any of your buisness to say she has to have her baby.
    Anonymous