will reading the 5 love languages work?

I think that's the name of the book. My husband and I just had a major blow up fight and a lot of it had to do with not communicating with each other and just going through the motions. I know people have read it, has it helped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I have not read the book.. But from what I know about the book, if you guys have communication problems.. Which let's face it most couples do at some point because most marital discord is due to: bad communication, lack of communication and miscommunicatiuon..... Then I think reading the book couldn't hurt..

The book is a basic guide for learning how to see, understand, interpret each other's communication style. And each other's needs that are being communicated.. Knowing those things. Are always a plus in a marriage, never a negative.

If communication is an issue.. Give it a go :-) It can't hurt..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think it did. It helps you realize what kind of a communicator you are, and what kind the other person is, and that explains why you miss the mark sometimes. I thought it was an excellent book.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I liked it... its not going to fix all your problems because you still have to learn how to communicate, but it gives you a tool to help you "speak the same language"
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Go ahead and pile up The 5 Love Laguages with those Mars and Venus books and the flick Fireproof and burn them all and try just paying attention to what you're saying and are you just saying stuff to piss the other person off, are you really listening to what the other person is saying and forever forget any and all preconceptions or sterotypes that exist or have ever existed. Even if you read the book cover to cover, it's unlikely that your husband's interpretation of the book's message will be the same as yours. It's a huge waste of energy better put towards actually solving the problem.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No I need to read it
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010