I am 10 weeks pregggo and so sick....

I have lost 17 pounds in less than a month. the doctor prescribed me some anti nausea meds, but they make you sleepy and dizzy, i have a 1 year old i cant feel that way. I was told that if i am not feeling better today they want to see me, but what can they do anyways. do you really think it is necasarry to go to the doctors?

wyattsmom281

Asked by wyattsmom281 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, go. Even if they can't do anything, you may need to have fluids or something to that effect if you still can't hold anything down. I stayed super sick through my 1st trimester, and now that I only have 4 weeks left...with 3 kids at home...I can hardly move from the exhaustion.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• sounds like hyperemesis gravidarum. happened to me too -every preg! They will admit you to the hosp. for fluids and intravenous meds. I a guessing the med they already gave youis phenergan? Well they will give it to you there too. Sometimes if they can get u rehydrated and eating some solids while giving you the phenergan, then it will go away and sometimes stay away. That was not the case for me tho. I've been admitted more times than I can count since my first preg and I would start to feel better but when I went home it would all come back again. you def have to go to the hosp. Dehydration will cause u to go into labor. good luck - and if u ARE on phenergan there isn't uch else they can give you.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i was like that for a while and asked my doctor about it and he suggested changing my prenatal vitamin, so i did and everything was fine afterwards
    Aiko89

Answer by Aiko89 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• GINGER ROOT PILLS!!

I've sworn by them ever since I had my morning sickness. I was sick in weeks 9-14 or so. I puked up everything, even water. It was so freaking horrible, I had to go out of work for three weeks because it was so bad. My stepsister said ginger root pills from GNC helped her a lot...and whattaya know, I stopped puking after I took the first one. I still felt nauseated for awhile, but at least I could eat and get nutrients to myself and my baby. The ones I have are $5.99 for a bottle of 100 or 150, I think. They're completely safe! You could at least give them a try if nothing else works, right =] Good luck, it'll get better eventually.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008