McDonalds.... ARRRGGHHH!

Ok... I love McDonalds fries and my kids love it period. My problem is the employees. I have yet to find a McDonalds in my area where anyone has an ounce of sense. I thought it was because they are always so busy, but we went to one after the movies one night and were THE ONLY people there. It took them 10 minutes to get us 3 happy meals and 2 value meals! They were all standing around doing NOTHING! And I cant remember the last time I didn't have to go back because they screwed something up! Is it that hard? Seriously. I don't mean to offend anyone who works there. Actually, maybe someone can give me some insight as to why this job is so difficult!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Entertainment

• I worked at McDonald's all through high school....and we pretty much sucked b/c we were all teenagers. The one's that weren't teenagers were too busy trying to look cool for the teenagers. It was more of a social gathering than a job. The drive me insane now too!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Because they have first grade educations. They even changed it now so that the cash register counts out the change for them and they just scoop it out of the little cup. Ridiculous!
    Anonymous

• i guess it depends on which ones you're at. the ones where i'm at are great. we were there just last week and we got our food right away, and they were very busy. i know that the ones back home where i lived were like the ones you described...and we had one on almost every corner!
    Anonymous

• We were on our way to Arizona driving from the Bay Area and we stopped at 3 a.m. to get McDonald's. We were there for 25 minutes!!! We were the only ones in the drive-thru!!!!!! It looked like they were busy talking to each other and hanging around instead of making our food. They didn't even speak English, either. It was hell. The McDonald's by our house has excellent service and it's my favorite one to go to when we decide to eat at McDonald's (which isn't often since my husband dislikes it).
    Anonymous

• Actually anonymous (to the first anonymous answer), anywhere you work where you handle a register tells you how much change to give back. I was going to say not all have first grade educations, but that was really a stupid comment to make in the first place. NONE of them have first grade educations, some of them just aren't in the best of moods. A lot of people work their to make money to support themselves or their families!! That was my first job when i was 14, yeah...14! I supported MYSELF since i was 14 so why don't you pull your snobby head out of your ass and just deal. maybe they're rude to YOU because well, look at the attitude you have.
    Anonymous

• I personally think service stinks most everywhere you go, not just McDonald's. Customer service just isn't there.
    Anonymous

• That's exactly why I don't go to fast food "restaurants"!
    babymakr

Answer by babymakr at 2:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It never fails, and its not just McDonalds. I can't remember the last time I got fast food and I got EXACTLY what I ordered. It's always something!! No napkins...no straws...no sauce for my nuggets (that should be an executeable offense)

BTW: for all you haters, I've worked at McDonalds, Sonic, Wendy's, and Pizza Hut. I was the queen of the McJobs when I was younger. And it really isn't THAT hard not to eff someone's order up!!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• to Anon 1:45. I started working at 14 at a little Tastee Freeze. I'm not a B****. If you don't like people, get a different job. And I honestly think the young people who work there think I owe them something. The entire generation (with some exceptions) is full of bratty kids who think its all a joke. Honestly, I go there with 3 tweens and a baby and they give me a snotty attitude. Not the other way around. A tired mom, maybe.... but I'm not rude. Actually, I give them every opporotunity in the world to act like normal people, but they never do.
    Anonymous

Thats rude. They don't have first grade educations. Working at McDonalds was my first job. ANd she was not talking about counting money she was talking about how slow they are at serving which that could be anywhere.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008