does anyone's SO do this?

is this normal for men to get off the phone fast cuz his "boys" are around? has this happened to anyone?

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• just cuz there boyz r around, my opinion no, they only tend to do that if other women are around... unless he don't want his friends hearing him being sweet to u or perhaps they don't want to let there friends hear them if u r telling him what to do or when to come home and stuff like that, men like to be the one to have there male friends think they r the ones in charge..
    heavensent1174

Answer by heavensent1174 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i haven't noticed so i don't think so but my hubby doesn't really gang out with the boys. he is a real committed family man. if the boys are around i'm usually with him and he calls them with or without me being present.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• well i just got off the phone with him and I was just talking about my family and then i heard these men bome in yelling and then my BF said i gotta go cuz i dnt want them hearing me. i am damn your at work he was on his break why are they following him!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I've had ex's that did this, but my DH will talk as long as I want. It's actually usually me trying to get off the phone with him. The only time he cares about who's around to hear a conversation is if we are arguing.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My husband is the sweetest guy you will ever meet, but he still has a damn hard time saying 'i love you' at the end of the conversation if other guys are around. I think it's a masculine issue with most guys. we can see them be sweet and mushy, but guys can't. Some guys (I've known quite a few) can't even talk at all to their SOs while a guy is in the room because even that can be seen as not masculine.
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 2:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i mean i feel bad cuz i hung up on him and i hear them in the backround saying my name.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My SO does this. I don't really care because I know its the truth. He doesnt hang out with them much, so when he does, I try not to bother him. I have had bfs that did this before I met my fiance, and they were lying. You have to follow your gut. If you think something is up, it probably is.
    Anonymous

• haha kameka my man has the same problem i learned not to say it when he is at work
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i dont think somthing is up i just to understand why he has to get off when his co-workers/friends come in the room.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• He probably doesn't want his guy friends to hear him talking to you ,,,,lets say not machoa/ like.Or talking sweet to you

Answer by louise2 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008