Are you deciding not to get pregnant based on economy?

According to a study, the economy is effecting birth rate. Are you deciding to take birth control because of the economy?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 5:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know that we'd want one more for sure anyway, but the state of the economy--heck, the state of the world--is enough to make me not even consider it.

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i got my tubes tied after my second partly because of the that reason. daipering and feeding a baby is expensive plus taking care of the child we already had. and we started thinking about paying for college and things they need as they get older.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not a factor for us. We could afford to have 5 more kids but my body isn't cooperating and at this point in life we are content with our only child.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Nope, I just don't want to get pregnant right now. Enjoying my time with my 14 mo old DD. In no rush to add to the family, if we ever choose to at all. Because right now, my heart is set on one.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Tubes tied after number 2 because I was sure we could never afford more. I couldn't have been more right. DH lost his job when DD was 15 months old. Go figure.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• not so much the economy more like we cant afford one right now at this point in time. I would like another quit bad but we can provide for it.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It's not affecting my decision at all. I had a baby in May and won't be having another for awhile because my baby had a lot of problems.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 5:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The economy did not affect our decision at all. Actually, we got a Vasectomy reversal in January and got pregnant in February. We are expecting our little bundle of joy within the next ten weeks. We live on a budget and try to live very frugally so we should be fine :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes. I mean, it's not JUST the eoconomy, we would like to space our children out a little more than we did the last time lol, but we are waiting at least 3 years to concieve so we can pay off some debt and save to pay for the birth. The economy screwed us into our debt, though, and we probably wouldn't care so much if we weren't so broke. I'd kind of like to have a third in the next two years if not for that.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We had three kids in 4 years and didn't worry about the money because we were an Air Force family. Each birth was so inexpensive and we could buy baby supplies at the BX. And this was 40 years ago.
    If it was NOW....I would be careful. I always made sure that either I was using birth control or my DH used a condom. We planned to have our kids quickly and then no more. Birth control is the only way....it is so important to be able to afford children and live a good life without worrying .I would have had only one child if we could not afford more .
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010