insurance premiums..but its not my fault

i have liability form my 98 suburban which i really need...i was paying 132 just for liability bcause of previous hit an run to another truck i had 3 yrs previous out which i had no controll over since i was on bedrest then...ok i get my renewal policy this week..now im payin 196 for getting 3 tickets but 2 were thrown cause they werent correct..but they were tickets..
my thing is y should i have to pay high premiums for liabilty for an older truck which if it got hit its useless an not worth any payout for. when its not my fault..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with you but I think insurance is the biggest scam in the world!!!! I could go on and on.frustrated

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Liability isn't to fix your car, it's to fix the car of the person you hit. Otherwise, if you hit someone, you will have to pay out of pocket for the damage done to THEIR car. Not yours. Full coverage is what would fix your car and their car. You have to pay high premiums, because of your tickets and accidents. Just because you weren't driving the car, doesn't mean you aren't responsible for  the hit and run. Nobody knows that it wasn't you that hit and left the scene. Sadly there is no way to prove it, so you are pretty much stuck on that aspect of it. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i think so also..that fact we struggle enough already but they make us pay for things we have no controll over..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 5:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Liability covers your butt if you injure someone else...it doesn't cover your truck. SO if you injure someone then you have liability insurance so the insurance company pays the medical and other expenses not you!

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You had tickets and an accident against your insurance...doesn't matter if you were driving or not...someone used YOUR vehicle. Also, preimums go up almost every year. Mine just went up $20 a month because Wisconsin made insurance mandatory for everyone. I have always had insurance so because some people think it is ok to drive without it, MY premiums go up. Also, a ticket stays on your insurance for 3 years and after that it falls off and your rates MAY go down.

What state are you in? I pay $100 a month for FULL coverage insurance on a 2004 Mazda 3. Your rates seem awfully high for liabiity.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I could never imagine going without insurance. I think the mandatory law is one of the best laws around, although some don't follow it. I was in a near fatal accident that left me in a wheelchair. My medical bills from this accident is well over a million dollars.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• dUH, i ALSO meant to say that everyone here is correct.... liablity is not for your car... it is for damage you do to another vehicle.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If the tickets were dropped the points should have been to. I would contact driver's services to figure that out and then contact the ins. co to get a new quote.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010