Runaway Wife

Lately I have had this overwhelming feeling of packing up, taking my daughter, and disappearing for a while. When I was younger it was just a fantasy, but lately I find myself looking into flight pricing, and asking my husband how much an apartment in a certain area would cost me. And yes I've had this conversation with my husband, and he doesn't seem to take it seriously or he says just give one more year. I live in a area that doesn't provide opportunity and my family lives in FL. I've tried to socialize with other moms, but I get the fake "oh yea we should definitely hang out" I'm 29 and ready to jump ship to save my sanity. Any HONEST advice would help.

Carmiesmom08

Asked by Carmiesmom08 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
    Anonymous

• I've tried to socialize with other moms, but I get the fake "oh yea we should definitely hang out"

ME TOO
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 1:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i think that from time to time. i think it's normal but never looked into pricing cause heck how would i leave. i'm not sure what your saying that you want a divorce or that you just want to abandon your husband and kids? either way that is screwed up. if you just want out of that town. give your hubby a deadline and really start planning to leave. if it's not the later then your that women that everybody will be saying how does a someone do that " just abandon their family like that" do you really want to be that lady. i doubt you'd feel good about that. sometimes your just lonely but concentrate on your kids and husband.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• why doesn't he move you somewhere that you both can be happy and stay together?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:06 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• So you don't want to leave your husband, just where you live????If thats what your saying ,,do it move..

Answer by louise2 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i agree give your hubby a deadline and start planning the move.
    Aiko89

Answer by Aiko89 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Melody77 read closely. "overwhelming feeling of packing up, taking my daughter, and disappearing for a while" Before I was a wife and a mother I was a indivdual, and sometimes you want to be away from mil, fake stay at home moms, end endless boring weekends watching football. If my husband said we're moving to Guam I'd leave with him in a heart beat. Oh and I live in Bangor

Carmiesmom08

Answer by Carmiesmom08 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• parents have to be able to provide for their kids, however much they can, if you have the means to move somewhere better do it. does your husband have a job that he can do somewhere else?
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• That's what kills me about this. He has a job he can do any where in the world. He was once offered a position for 6 mos. to expand his company in Puerto Rico, and we would move back home after the 6 mos. Guess what HE decided to do?
    Carmiesmom08

Answer by Carmiesmom08 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i think if you guys have the opportunity to travel and see all parts of the world you should take the opportunity to make the best of it. i would love to travel explore new places and even live there. i don't have the means. i guess your just not as adventurous as i am. so if you want to be a stick in the mud and make it bad for everyone else involved rather then making the best of it then just leave. it's not like he said you'd be there forever. life is short and this seems petty to me. get out explore the culture and learn a new language. puerto rico is awesome, so i heard. oh yeah sometimes i read what people write but when your answering you may not remember all you have read. if you get lemons make lemonade.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008