help!!! my daughter nocked over my hot wax and its all over my carpet, Does any one know of any tricks to get it out?

tntmassage

Asked by tntmassage at 1:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• i have heard ice cubes to harden it and scrape most of it out. look on ask.com
    torihoney

Answer by torihoney at 1:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i HEARD IF YOU BUY WAX PAPER AND TAKE AN IRON TO THE SPOT IT WILL COME RIGHT UP? gOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• not wax paper! lol an iron woudl melt off the wax. you can use a brown paper bag or paper towel and iron it up tho.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• wax paper doesn't melt
    Anonymous

• paper already saturated with wax already isn't going to be effective
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You really can get candle wax out of carpet. It's not always easy, but wax can be removed with patience. Dyes from the wax are a different matter. Getting those out depends on what's in the particular dye.

Start by scraping as much wax out of the carpet as you can, with a spoon. Afterwards, put an ice cube or two on the wax to freeze it, leaving them there for a minute. This should harden the wax enough to break it up and get more of it out.

To get the rest of the candle wax out of the carpet, cover the spot with a clean brown paper bag, and place a clothes iron on it, set on low. This liquifies the wax and lets it transfer to the paper. Use a new paper bag as often as necessary until you get all of the wax. This can take some time.
    Lizzysapisces

Answer by Lizzysapisces at 3:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• The iron and paper bag really do work, but you'll need a few and it takes quite a while...I just went through this last week...egh...took me an hour. Mine coated my walls and everything else. Thank god it was a light blue candle on dark blue carpet!!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• The paper bag/paper towel and iron worked for me twice so far!!!!! The only problem I had was the wicks (it was a big 3 wick candle) those stained my white carpet black but all the yellow wax came out lol. Good Luck!
    Anonymous