Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My neighbor lost his job and is sick...

Since he is unemployed now he has no health insurance and he faints several times a day but wont go to the hospital because he has no money to pay. I cant afford to pay his hospital bill. I feel so bad for him. Is there any type of health care assistance he can get although he is unemployed?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Health

Answers (10)
  • Talk with your local health dept. They might be able to help.

    Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

  • he needs to go to the walfare office and see what kind of help he can get til he gets a job

    Answer by jamiethornton26 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

  • can even apply for medical on line and scan in your proof of income or tax stuff. They ask you in the office to pull up your bank account to prove how much money you have that day (or print out from the bank).

    adult protective services can also help~make a call. you can go to the ER without insurance and medical will pick up the bills once he applies...or not...

    Answer by surfcitymom at 5:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

  • Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

    Then contact your congressional representative and demand Universal Health Care coverage

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

  • Put him in your car and take him to the ER. They cannot turn him away.

    Answer by WoodWitch at 5:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

  • all i can think of is the health clinic, but i doubt they will be able to help him with is fainting... unfortunately i was watching something on tv and the people that couldnt pay there health bills the hospital wouldnt treat them and they would take them to the nearest church and drop them off, even in there hospital gown, the u.s. is disgusting with health care, and its sad that the rest of the world has free health care...

    Answer by shannonrenee09 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

  • You need to call Adult Protective Services and tell them that he needs help. There are sevearal places that may be able to help him- The Health Department, The Salvation Army and more. He also needs to get to the Medicaid office and apply for a medical card. He should qualify now that he is on unemployment and has no insurance. Good Luck helping him.

    Answer by hsmominky at 5:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

  • THIS is why we need Health Care for everyone in the USA.
    I am so sorry---I hope you can help him.

    Answer by gertie41 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • If he will let you, take him to an ER, where he has no medical ins, they will set him up there to get it because they want their money. That's sad and I feel bad for him, but passing out like that is not anything to fool with. Good luck hon


    Answer by zbee at 6:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

  • Here in Utah if you go into the hospital without insurance they set you up with papers and then someone calls to see if you can qualify for state medicaid.

    Answer by MarGeee at 10:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
depo provera shot

Next question overall (Home & Garden)