What would you call this? (no explicit language involved) adult content

I have a half-brother who is 9 years older than me. He used to come to Philly to visit us from time to time. Because we saw him rarely, everyone was glad to see him, and my brothers and I looked up to him a lot. I remember on some of those visits that he would sit me on his lap and move his hips in such a way as to simulate sexual movements. I never saw his private parts, but I could feel him. He would whisper in my ear and ask how it felt. I think I was about 7 or 8. this happened a couple of times that I remember. because he was my brother, nobody thought anything about us being in the room alone ( it was only the next room, and because he was covert with his words and actions, nobody could tell there was something going on). I have struggled much of my life trying to define what this is- to put it in a category that I can understand. I never told anyone in my family about it to this day. The thought makes me sick and sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Health

• This was sexual abuse and I'm sorry that you had to experience it. It may not have gone as far as it does, unfortunately, for some people, but it was inappropriate and you were very young. You say you haven't spoken about it? I know that it's hard but I think talking it over with someone you trust would help you to come to terms with it better - to accept it and move on.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 5:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would call that molestation. I am sorry it happened :( I can understand why after all this time you dont want to mention it to family or friends....but what about a counselor, just to get your feelings out?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• on in life. You should have family to talk to about this, they will help you cope, and its not good to keep this bottled inside of you. Please seek help for this matter so that you to do not suffer. and im so sorry
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If I understand correctly you have to be a a certain level to answer anonymously. That is unfortunate. The comment by the cowardly individual called "Anonymous" above belies an egregiously (look it up) dead heart in a shallow frame. If you were discerning, you would see that this person is suffering because of the fact that in cases of rape penetration is involved, and in cases of molestation it involves fondling of one sort or another. I get it. I've been there. May I ask why the need to attack? Perhaps you are the troll? Your attitude certainly is. And that is sad.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 6:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• abuse. how many kids does he have? I'd be there for them if they wanted~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 5:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It is exactly what it is, and its sick that he would do that to you. My sister was molested by my grandfather, which I didnt know about until this past year. He was my favorite person in the world before he passed away, he never touched me or anything like that. I was his pride and joy, but my sister didnt put him in jail for my grandmother, because it would have just killed her. My grandmother has still to this day never appologized for what my grandfather did to my sister. She is now 30 years old, but she is now facing a lot of troubles because of what he did to her. Its causing her to be so mad, and take it out on her husband, shes just so depressed. It may not be bothering you now, it can take years and years because this happened to her when she was very very young im guessing like 15 or so. maybe younger. Shes now in counseling, and I truly believe that you should think about going so that you to dont have problems later
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Confront him... it might make you feel better.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i would call it molestation... and I would encourage you to see a counselor about it to work through your emotions
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• 69humblepie - there have been many of these posts that have been deleted because they are by trolls trying to get people to engage in their converstation. I can see by your score you haven't been in the question too long, so maybe you haven't seen these. But to get real women to talk about things that have actually happened to them when they THINK they are comforting a real person, and in fact they are not... its unfair and violating. And your right... I am posting Anon. If it is a pervert troll, I would rather have this weirdo trying to find out info on me by looking at all of old posts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't understand why so many women (or teens>?) come here and expose all these ugly things,personal problems, stories of abuse and death....these are way too personal to be posted on an Internet Website. I would NEVER tell such personal things to absolute strangers ....that is way too kinky . I have to agree that this could be a "troll". I won't even bother to reply to her.
    Keep it to yourself.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010