WHO THE FREAK TOLD U COULD

who told you to take all the good,classic playground equipement off the playgrounds...

i remember spending hours on the mary go round even as a teenager...that where my staying is shape came in at..hours upon hours of spinning,pushing,an sitting on the merry go rounnd..
an who said take away all the space where we use to play dodge ball an kick ball..again hours upon hours of running round the bases..my kids would have loved being outside..big kids,lil kids,shoot even grown ups use to come together to play a game or dodge ball or kick ball..im just saying...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Amen!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Insurance I bet. no swings at school for us....no trampolines.....dodge ball can be hell for a child too (get the geek).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 5:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Agreed! I walked into a playground that had been redone a few weeks ago and I swear I didn't even understand how most of the equipment was supposed to work!
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 5:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• however, you gotta LOVE that rubber mulch!! its so easy on the feet...well, at my age, it is. i doubt my 5yo cares about his feet's comfort much.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The same people who told you, you could sue when you got hurt when you feel off the merry go round and broke your arm because you were dumb enough to stand up on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It was all demmed to unsafe!!! I agree with you!!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The playgrounds in my area still have those things even though they have been redone plus they have nice newer things:) It's a nice mixture of both.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• All comes down to liability!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I loved the merrygo round, too. Except we called it the barf mobile. But now they think it's not safe for kids to play on. They're also started to phase out the monkey bars. And the high slides. And the sand boxes. It's getting ridiculous. Actually, they probably aren't too far wrong with the merrygo round as a couple kids did break their legs when they fell between the seats and the rails. Ours wasn't one of the flat kind but it was more like the wheel of a bike.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My husband and I were just talking about this last night. I loved the merry go round and the see saw. What happened to the see saw? Even the swings are getting ridiculous, we have swings around here that have a big thing that comes over the shoulders and clips at the bottom. We are raising a generation of soft kids.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010