Sounds more like I will stand behind you if you beleive in god than it does a rally for freedom...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/aug/28/beck-calls-thousands-dc-rally/

Any one else agree?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Someone sent this to me this morning - think it sums up the major issues with the whole thing quite nicely.

Don't let the government tell you what to do! That's Glenn Beck's job!

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Glenn Beck is CRAZY like a FOX!!!

He is making PAPER on the easily manipulated masses.

He's the new Jimmy Swaggert....Jim Baker.....

It's hard to imagine in this day and age people falling for it.....like SHAM-WOW -TELEVANGELIST-WINGNUT all rolled in one

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You should have been at the rally today in D. C. I was. I was sitting in the meadow on the left of the Lincoln Memorial about 100 yards back from the big screen. It was amazing. The speakers were inspirational. The singers were wonderful. The bag pipes at the end playing Amazing Grace made me cry. Beck gave a very inspiring speech just like those who spoke before him. This isn't about Beck. It never was. He just gave us a venue to come together and let the country know we are one voice. If it were just about Beck, there wouldn't have been people from the Lincoln Memorial all the way back to the Washington Monument and stretched out on either side. He doesn't have that much power. He never has. But, he understands how to deliver the message we are all thinking.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• That was a great link , NotPanicking! So true! Thanks!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• like SHAM-WOW -TELEVANGELIST-WINGNUT all rolled in one

I am not gonna love his nuts, and I shall hate you forever for summoning the image.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• So true, Sweet-a-kins. Unfortunately, he has an awful lot of naive people fooled.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sad thing is the people who most need to see that video will never watch it because they are terrified of anything that might sway them from their righteous and resolute convictions...like a slight breeze or a feather.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• And here I was thinking God and freedom went hand in hand..... I don't give a flying flip who organized/promoted the rally, from what I have watched so far it was awesome. I wish I could have been there.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• jesse123456 !! ... I am so thrilled for you that you were able to be there!
    ( I live in California, but I seriously considered trying to get there. )

I am trying to subscribe to Insider Extreme so I can access Glenn Beck videos of the event (I wasn't able to get through when I tried a number of times - I think the server was overwhelmed)

I wonder why people are so ... threatened? ... by Glenn Beck. If he's truly a charlatan as they claim, then just nevermind! Be apathetic about him. His message is so uniformly beneficial that he is not actually a threat of any kind to people.

I suppose the facts that he brings to light about current events and history do pose a threat to some power groups ...

Reading the article referenced in the original question, I saw damning innuendo, and stretched associations, and downright lies ... so I suppose an uninformed reader might be influenced to believe Glenn Beck is some kind of threat ..?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:35 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It wasn't a rally it was an event. Of course that's just semantics but since it seems some are into "facts".
    There is no inuendos in this event. If you wanted what was offered then you went or watched. If you didn't then you didn't. I'm not sure why people want to trash the event because it did nothing but good. Good for the people and good for the charity. Sounds to me like sour grapes and pure hate. But then, it takes all kinds.........
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 29, 2010