fruit flies

How do I get rid of fruit flies? They are all over in my kitchen. I got rid of all my fruit that was sitting out and scrubbed off all my counters. And they are still there!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I have the same problem!! Its horrible; i had to put all of my fruit in the fridge and they're still there. They are so light so i would suggest getting your vacuum hose and sucking them in!! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• have any plants on the room?
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• No I don't have any plants in my whole house.
    Anonymous

• give it a little time. the life cycle of those flies is pretty short, maybe 10-14 days. keep everything clean and no food out and they will die off.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i use fly strips, they come in a orange box... and i got all the gnats and flys outa my house in 3 days... they were horrible, they got into supper one night i threw up after noticing a fly in my food...

hubby just said its just a lil more protein!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 3:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I have them too and hate them!!!
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 4:46 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• put a piece of fruit in a jar, place a funnel over the lid of the jar, so it covers it...........the fruit flies will fly in to get to the fruit but wont fly out.
    Grandma2Olivia

Answer by Grandma2Olivia at 8:20 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• There is really a run on the darn things judging by the number of questions here. My advice: Set a bowl of cider vinegar on the kitchen cabinet. They will be attracted to it, fall in and die. Works like a charm!
    Sarvin4

Answer by Sarvin4 at 11:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2008