What table food should NOT be fed to a baby under 1?

The dr. told me to really start pushing solids (I did delayed feeding since I am ebf). My daughter will be 9 months Saturday and I was planning on starting then anyways but I don't know what all is not ok to give her. I know honey, peanut butter and cow's milk is a no no but what else should I add to the list?

sunnygrl2

Asked by sunnygrl2 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She can basically have anything that she can't choke on. Just cut everything super tiny and she won't have a problem. Especially hot dogs!! If you give her one just peel off the skin and cut it really really small. Good Luck!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• is she on solid baby food? i was told to start with vegetables and move into fruits. we started with sweet potatoes and he loved them! i wouldnt go straight to table food yet.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• make sure you cut up round things like grapes, and dont just slice hot dogs, cut them too. try to avoid things that are chewy too. i was alway careful with things like soft bread, tortillas, stuff like that bc they chew it forever, it gets all gummy, then it stick in their throats.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Not, the healthiest choices but from what I remember, peanuts and popcorn, because of choking and also because of peanut allergies. We used to give our children popcorn if we were eating it though. We'd eat the "seed" part and give the fluffy part to the babies. They loved it!
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 3:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• no tuna
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 7:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008