The sick farce of GB...

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2010/08/24/the-sick-farce-of-glenn-becks-restoring-honor-rally/

What's your take? What do you think his true aim is? Or do you think he is really looking for "restoring honor"? Or is he just another nut job who thinks god is using him to speak on his behalf? (kind of like the son of sam. This is how he started)

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I take all the words of politicians and the like with a huge grain of salt.....figure out my opinion and go from there. I have listened to Beck on and off for years and have agreed with him about as much as I have disagreed with him.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 6:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It would almost be laughable if you liberals weren't all so pathetic! LOL

Liberals have been flipping out for a month in support of the First Amendment rights of the Muslims who wish to build a mosque at Ground Zero regardless of how insensitive it is, due to the historical significance of the location.

NOW liberals are flipping out just as badly because some conservative talking head, held a rally for ALL Americans at the Lincoln Memorial on the same day as an event of historical significance.

I think I've got this whole "Living Constitution" thing. People only have rights when and where you decide they're allowed! Apparently liberal anger is more justifiable than conservative anger!! Whatever.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sweet you are showing your ignorance again. MLK supported Kennendy because Joe made a deal with MLK sr to get MLK jr out of jail. He would deliver the black vote if Joe pulled the strings to get him released.

But I know that you know that but the DNC would not be happy if you admitted it, since you have some young easily influenced girls on here with no knowledge of history that cling to your every word.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have I have studied MLK extensively and written many papers, articles, and speeches on him. She is nothing like him and is a sell out.

***

Let's see, Caucasian, 25 year old, high school graduate, mother of 3, living in Section 8 housing, claiming to be a professional writer, speaker and civil rights movement historian, who was somehow unable to parlay all of that wisdom into a top paying professional career!! LMAO!!

I would LOVE to see links to your published works, but without knowing your true identity you could easily be posting SOMEONE else's pieces. Then again, I'm really good with internet research, and could easily look up the name of the author and see if it matches your supposed curriculum vitae!! :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

I call BS, you're so full of shit it's coming out your ears!!!!!!!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• MLK niece is more like her Uncle then his own kids are. His kids have become very much political, his niece has not. MLK was a preacher, not a politician. He was a republican, but was a preacher first.

Sweet,

You of all people need to watch or read MLK speech, I HAVE A DREAM.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• First off, just to show your lack of knowledge, the son of sam admitted long ago that the "neighbors dog told me to do it" was just a farse to try to get an insanity conviction.

And no I don't believe GB has any type of ulterior motive. He genuinely cares about this country and would like to see it won back from the progressive idiots like you. MLK would have been very supportive of it and he would be ashamed of what people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have done to turn his dream into a nightmare, just to line their pockets.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Martin Luther King III said, "It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican

Anyone with common sense would know this is a politically motivated lie. Back then the democrats fought tooth and nail against the civil rights amendment.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well, it seems like they stayed away from politics and it was what Beck's website claimed. I guess you all must be disappointed... but hey chin up.... maybe next time!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100828/cm_yblog_upshot/glenn-beck-keeps-rally-more-historical-than-political

"But even Media Matters—which monitors every word Beck utters on the air—didn't find many specific mentions of politics at Saturday's rally."

"And unlike tea party rallies, Saturday's gathering didn't feature any visible banners with slogans blasting liberals and the Obama administration. (Attendees were instructed not to bring signs.) Instead,many waved American flags. "

Albert Pujols, was given an award for his off-field charitable work at the rally too.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I was at the rally today. It was not a political rally. We honored the military and the children of fallen warriors, religion and religious leaders, and Dr. King. You do know his niece spoke don't you? It was inspiring, patriotic, and (you will be shocked at this) not about Glenn Beck. Oh, he organized it and he spoke, but it wasn't about him. Unless you were there, you really can't argue that point. Find a transcript of his speech and read it. Glenn also makes no attempt to hide that he was a drunk and a lousy human being. He seems to have made some improvements in that area of his life. I find it hard to understand how you rail against someone you admittedly refuse to listen to. Is it because he actually makes sense and you can't stand it. Is it because the people you follow are so full of bull and he isn't - how can that be? (you being the collective you)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2010