Can you answer these questions with out confusion or second guessing?

If we were not created in Gods physical image then which one were we created in?
His emotional? Power? Thought process? None of those can be if he is indeed perfect. Sorry just wouldn't explain many things.

How do you know for sure that christ never married or had children?
The bible never denies these things. Even if it never states them either. So how is it impossible?

Why was Christ a male?
Yes there is the whole church bride thing. However the church could have just as easily been the groom.

How could Christ have understood the temptation of cheating with out having a relationship?
Even if he had one with the church you can not truly cheat on a church. Leave it yes, but not cheat.

Woman being created because man was lonely. How does this make sense?
Averages show that men get lonely sexually, not emotionally. So wouldn't it be more pausible woman were made for sex? To procreate, and not to

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• If we were not created in Gods physical image then which one were we created in?

Nobody has an accurate self-image, so if a deity were to create us in their "own" image, we would be an overly stylized stereotype of what they considered their best features, be that mind, body or soul.

Nobody can know that - the books were conveniently left out of your book

Why was Christ a male?
    Because men wrote the book

How could God understand the wonderment of discovery if he automatically knew everything already? In other words - it makes a good legend, but not likely

The sheep were getting nervous - seriously, if all the other animals came first they had mating pairs, and we're all
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• How could Christ have understood the temptation of cheating with out having a relationship? The fundamental issue of cheating involves breaking loyalty. Adam acted disloyally to God by listening to his wife's voice instead of following God's instructions, thus creating this mess. Jesus demonstrated perfect loyalty to God, boldly doing His will in the face of opposition and ridicule, which is why we have reason for hope. Woman being created because man was lonely. How does this make sense? I don't recall seeing where woman was created because of man's loneliness. The Bible states that woman was created as a helper and compliment of man, an act of love on God's part. In order for God's purpose to be fulfilled to fill the earth and cultivate it into a beautiful garden, yes, logically a woman would be needed.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 7:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think we were created in His image in terms of the potential we all have of cultivating things Christians call "fruits of the spirit" (love, compassion, graciousness, etc), things that are found in all faiths, as these are the things that I believe make up His character. We are all created with the potential to be able to cultivate these things, things I consider to be the essence of spirituality. But we, having free will, are not bound to having to do so. This is why we are merely created in His image - we're replications, not exact copies. But I believe the very concept of humanity - the way it is meant to be and the way it is intended (indeed, the way it IS when people reach the potential we are all born with), is the fulfillment of this potential and the cultivation of these "fruits". Therefore, mankind/humanity, in concept and idealization, is something created in His image, and is something we all are capable of being.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• As for whether Jesus were married, I believe that it is reasonable that he was, although I don't feel as though I know enough to say whether or not I believe it to be. Given the importance of marriage in Judaism, its very likely, though, that he was married. And that's just one argument I've heard out of many...

I do believe Jesus was a male because of the role men had in society. Women were second class citizens, subservient. I doubt a woman would have even been given the chance to speak, or would have been listened to...

I don't believe the Eden story is literal or actual history, so I don't believe woman was created because man was "lonely", but because there must be both sexes to procreate....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If we were not created in Gods physical image then which one were we created in? All humans were created in God's image in the sense that we have a measure of his cardinal attributes: wisdom, power, justice and love. Humans have the innate potential to display any of these qualities. How do you know for sure that christ never married or had children? Jesus' own statements show that his sole purpose was to do the work his Father sent him to do. His life corse proves that he did so without distraction. When he died, he entrusted the care of his mother, not to a spouse or children, but to his disciple.Why was Christ a male? Like for like. Adam, a perfect man, chose to sin. Jesus, a perfect man, gave his soul as a ransom in perfect exchange in order to redeem mankind. (cont'd)
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 6:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Ok, here it is. It's in the bible that he was God's only begotten son, and he was going to reign as king. The bible, the bible, the bible, all the answers are there. Enough of what you need to get answers for are in there, nobody is on any kind of deadline for answers or anything when you just go take that book, and read it. We don't have to have any outside things to bother us when we read it.
    But to answer as much as I've read to know, Jesus was here to gather his believers and keep them under his wing protected to give account to his father, (our father), and this is the only way to the father, so don't question it, or if you do read 2 Corinthians chapter 8 Verse 15---He that gathers much will have nothing over, and he that gathers little will have enough. So if you don't understand this is true yet about "your" questions. If you do nothing-- nothing will happen,. If you read some, something will happen, . If you re
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 7:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you read more and more. ---- a great deal will happen, of understanding. It's there. Trust God.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 7:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Gen 3:17 says,"And He said to Adam, 'Because you listened to your wife's voice and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'Do not eat from it': The ground is cursed because of you." Adam's loyalty should have been to his Creator first. He disobeyed a command from God in favor of following the lead of his wife, who listened to a liar. As the one created first and therefore the head of the family arrangement, he should have shown his loyalty to the one that gave him life.
    I looked at a couple of different translations of Gen 2:18. I'm not sure if that's the one you were thinking about, but it says there that God said ,"It is not good that the man should be alone." Alone does not always mean lonely. Ex: I am alone because I'm not in a relationship with anyone, but I am not lonely because I fill my life with satisfying things.

By the way, this is an interesting question. It will be interesting to read some of the answ
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 7:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I dunno which form of the God image we are created in. It is just not something I think about. However, I do wholeheartedly believe Christ had a wife and family. The book of Mary Magdalene says so and I believe it to be a 'lost book of the Bible'.

Christ was male because Joseph's sperm was carrying an Y chromosome. If he really was the son of God, then he was male because females had no power. No one would've listened to a woman.

I honestly do not believe that Christ faced every temptation. Although I do believe he faced the temptation of cheating on Mary, his wife.

And yes, it is very sexist but woman, according to most religions, was made to please man in regards to sex. This is why Eve was the first woman in 'recorded' history and not Lilith since Lilith refused to submit sexually.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• lol, thanks. And don't worry, haha, "because the Bible says" is something that doesn't go along with my line of thinking ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010