Anyone else ever have a KIDNEY STONE? adult content

I went to the ER the other night and after a CAT scan, I was found to have a kidney stone. The doctor says it was 2mm big, prescribed some pain meds and sent me on my way after telling me to strain my urine every time I go in order to collect this stone.

My question is for anyone whom has had one..other than the bleeding that occurs with this thing, did you also have very small blood clots as well?

This reminds me of my period, BUT I have endometrial hyperplasia ( I go see a GYN in a few weeks for the fibroids I have ) I have a VERY heavy flow each month and its not due til next month..but Ive got particles of clots, like the lining of my uterous, very thin in my urine.

This has gone on since Thursday, so 3 days now. Last night I actually passed a very small hard piece of stone with a jagged edge to it. Looks like a teeny tiny flat sharks tooth almost!

Did you experience this or any other woman you know?

Thanx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Health

• no sorry
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Kidney stones suck! I am sorry you are going through this and wish you the best. I have had at least three kidney stones. I know it is painful, but there really isn't a whole lot that can be done about it. Just do what the doc says, and try to breath through the pain. Make sure you tell your doc about the bleeding and clotting. I had bleeding, but I didn't have any blood clots.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have had some in the past, fortunately they were small and passed on their own. The amount of blood described doesn't sound unusual as some bleeding may occur from the stone passage. Is your doctor away of the clots? He should know and needs to know if more bleeding occurs.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I had a kidney stone last year that caused me to pee a little blood. I never experienced that amount of blood. It took me about 3 months to pass it. If you are bleeding a lot I would go back.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 6:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no nock on wood, but I heard it is more painful than chidbirth
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It hurts worse than when I had my children unmedicated!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Oh gosh.. I posted this ANON.. Im not used to this new forum thingy here..sorry about that one. I was clicking around the box when on the phone typing this out! ( Im not a multi tasker! ) I'm the OP....what's weird about this its like these clots look like the shedding of my uterous, like when I have a regular period..though they are not exactly NORMAL as I have endometrial hyperplasia and very heavy periods.
    I have the blood of course in my urine, but these small particles of clots. My doctors office knows of my visit to the ER. Took them 3 days to phone me back after my 2nd urgent call to their service during the day. So they are aware, BUT they did not refer me to a urologist, and I cant go see one with out the referral.
    I'm going to show up there Monday, if I dont get a call back by Sunday night... as I put a call in to my doctor as I was typing out my question......

Here is to hoping my doctor calls me back!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• OMG... Kidney stones are a pain worse than pushing a watermelon out your pores. I've had them twice. Having my kids without meds wasn't as painful! I feel for you!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yuck - my husband has had kidney stones and they were excrutiating to him - i've been fortunate not to have them.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• my husband has had kidney stones and they were excrutiating to him - i've been fortunate not to have them. Same here, copy pasting because that's exactly us.
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 9:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010