Maryland Laws?

My fiance and I got pulled over by MD State Police. He's 18 and the car was completely legal but he was driving on a permit with no licenced driver. They put him in handcuffs and took him to the barracks, and had my grandma pick us up. He has to go to court now and I was just wondering if anyone would know what could happen.

HisNightshade

Asked by HisNightshade at 2:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I live here and if it was in baltimore they probably will just throw it out like everything else. Or he could get hit with a heavy fine and not be able to get his license until he is 21 or 25. Was this legal from the state he was from?
    PhatAttack

Answer by PhatAttack at 2:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• they'll take it til he's 21. if your underage they take it til you 18 if you 18 to 20 they take it til your 21 anything after 21 gets a fine.
    Anonymous

• He will loose the chance to get his license till usally 21 or 25. He will more than likley get fined at least 400 dollars. If he got pulled over he still faces the original charge for whatever they pulled him over for.
    Anonymous

• I live in Maryland, but he lives in Pennslyvania. Does this make any difference with his licence since he's out of state? I didn't think that they could carry it over to PA.
    HisNightshade

Answer by HisNightshade at 3:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008