Little mommy?

Anyone have one?
My almost 8yo daughter came in here a little while ago and proceeded to sweep up the kitchen without anyone asking. Then she wanted to know if she could wipe the counters down (sure, knock yourself out, lol). While she was wiping the counters the baby started to fuss and before I could get up she was cooing to him and telling him to wait a minute and then she ran over to see what was wrong with him. Then she finished the counter. By then the baby was really fussing so she picked him up and was walking around patting his back until I got a bottle ready. She offered to feed him if I didn't want to do it.
She's also taken it upon herself to change his diaper (as long as he's only wet).
She's such a little mommy to him and is so helpful.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 6:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was like that with regards to helping around the house. I loved to iron. Now, I hate it! LOL But, don't despair. I was also very maternal with my little brother. To this day, he and I are close. I adore his wife and he loves my husband...in a manly, wing-eating, beer drinking, fist-bumping sort of way, that is. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• lucky you! my 8 year old is over it. she loved babys when my 4yo was born.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Awwww that is sweet!!! My 4 year old asks to help in ways that she can, like putting the dishwaswer detergent in, or sweeping lol, or wiping the counters when i let her. She plays pretty well with our baby as well, but i dont let her pick the baby up or anything b/c she weighs like 25+ pounds and my 4 year old only weights 37! LOL
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My dd is very helpfull so is my ds usually :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 6:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Don't worry, this stage will pass. Teen years are just around the corner. That usually is the, never clean anything stage.

Answer by louise2 at 6:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yeah. I have 5 kids. She's the one in the dead middle (1 older sister, 1 older brother, 1 younger sister, 1 younger brother). My oldest is 10 and only helps if she really feels like it and we force her. My oldest son is almost 9 and helps some. He likes "playing" and carrying the baby around (he's just happy to finally have a brother). The youngest girl is 4 and does nothing. Her and the oldest are just a pain in the butt and create more mess for me than anything.
    justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Wow. Your daughter is super daughter!
    And Though Louise2 is right for a majority of kids, not all kids lose that about themselves. Keep encouraging it and maybe she'll keep it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I doubt she loses it. She's always been super sweet and helpful. That's just the kind of person she is. She helps however she can but really picked up on chores when I was pregnant this summer and unable to do them on my own. I didn't even have to ask half the time she just volunteered to help.
    justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My 10 year old, Jessi, is just like that!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 7:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• So sweet!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010