bassinet or no?

our babies room is right next to ours so I think we are planning to keep the babies in their from the start...

but I know mothers usually like them for around the house too....

was it worth the money ffor the very short amount of time you got to use it or is it an item you could have lived without?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 7:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it is, I loved having my babies in their bassinet.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I used mine.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I didn;t use mine with my son, he slept with me. but had a co-sleepr with my daughter, so i could put her to bed in it then in the middle of the night when she needed to nurse, i'd bring her over, never having to get out of bed. I loved the cosleeper, it was wonderful.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 7:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I never used one for any purpose for either of my kids. For my son I used a Bouncer that was given to me and for my daughter I used a swing that was bought for her. I find those more beneficial as they're also able to be packed into the car for trips to the parent's house.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• This is my first baby and she is not here yet but I brought the Fisher Price Rock N Play Sleeper (I think thats the exact name) and it looks so perfect and had such great reviews! Its like a bassinet except baby can stay in it up to 25lbs! And its nice and deep and so easy to fold and move around the house or carry baby in! I love it already! I got the idea from a post I made on CM! If you need some suggestions send me a msg and Ill send you the link to my post and all the suggestions other moms gave me!
    velvetnbrielle

Answer by velvetnbrielle at 7:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thanks everyone.. I just ask because i'm haven twins and I it would be way to much to have two co sleepers in the bedroom with us. that and the fact that their bedroom is right next to ours.

if I did use a bassinet it would only be for when they are napping around the house.

Just seems like the money is best used for more diapers... =/ still debating
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We did use one but only for a few months, I loved it for the time we had them in it, I guess for my first I am not sure it was worth the money but I loved it for the next 2 as I wheeled them around thehouse in it and it kept them out of reach of the other kids and animals, also it was nice to have them in it right next to the bed where we could keep an eye on them.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would not waste my money again on a Bassinett. I would use a Pack & Play instead. Bassinetts are TOOOOO Hard and tippy too. You will get much more use out of a Pack & Play. My Bassinett was a common one from the baby store and it was so hard that I had to put multiple towels under the pad that came with it so my Son was not sleeping on a hard surface. I ended up moving him to his crib at 3 months and he slept So much better. I used his Pack & Play downstairs for naps and he LOVED it! Nice and softy and I bought a quilted pad made to fit it. Much more roomy and safe.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I had one with my first, and when I got pregnant with my second, I made it a point NOT to buy another one. Its only useful until they can move, really. And, they are expensive. If you want the positive qaulities that it provides, buy a pack n play that has a basinett on it.
    asoldierswife85

Answer by asoldierswife85 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would buy a play yard with a sleeper on top. after she is to big to sleep on the top part, it becomes a "play pen"
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010