Does anyone know how to create a landing page on a new website?

I am still in the process of designing my website but I want to start getting the word out about my soon to be open business. I went to a marketing seminar a few weeks ago and someone suggested creating a landing page, which is a one page website that tells a little bit about your business. I have a domain name and a host, but as I said I am still working on my website. Is there anyway I can only publish the first page of my website while I am finishing up the rest of it?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hi again! Glad you're still working toward this :)
    With the program I used to design my site (Yahoo SiteBuilder) it gives you the option to check the boxes of the pages you want published. I would think most any of them would have this, but it could take a while to find. Is there any customer service number you could call in case you can't find that in the program itself?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Hope this helps

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Create-a-Landing-Page&id=796194
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Hey, good for you, I hope it all works out!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thank you vicesix. I "hid" the pages that I am still working on and published it. They said it will take about 24-48 hours to be published though. I did have to ditch my business idea that I was originally working on. I created a new business and one that I think is a better fit. I am creating an online directory of children's businesses. Right now, I am just covering the North Georgia area, but hopefully, by next summer, I am hoping to add the Atlanta area, so keep a look out for my website. And thanks once again!

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010