LO's innie starting to look like an outie. Should we be concerned? (poop mentioned)

my 18 month old with low tone and developmental delays nice neat little innie belly button is looking like an outie these last few days. He does have really low tone, but if anything it should be improving since he started walking. He's poop is firmer - what I could call normal - formed one piece but smashable so I don't *think* he's constipated/bloated. We are not due to see our ped or the GI doc for quite some time. Think its anything to be worried about, like a hernia?

karamille

Asked by karamille at 7:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Does it hurt him to touch it? I've never experienced this but there is aways a chance of it being a hernia. If you are concerend call your pediatricians office, most offices will let you talk to a nurse at least and you can tell them whats going on. If they feel you need to bring him in then they can make that appointment for you too. Good luck.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you are concerned about the risk of it being a hernia, then I would call your pedi (especially if they have a help line vs. making an appt) and find out what they say. If you are just worried about it porturding a little more then normal... outies are fine too...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i would talk to the ped... especially if its recent, getting worse, or painful for him...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2010