Anyone who particpates in babysiting swaping with a non-family member?

My husband and I don't have much money and I am a SAHM but, I love children. I would love to babysit swap with another couple or mom. But, I don't know another couples with children.
How did you babysit swap? Was it successful? Who did you swap with? How did you meet this person/people?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• We shared babysitting with friends we made in the town we moved to. One friend was through my DH's work, another was through the story hour at the library, and another was a neighbor.. The friendships developed over time and then we started to help each other with watching each other's kids. These friendships were not made to find someone to babysit. So, make friends through mom's groups, storyhour, etc and then you might be able to babysit each other's kids. I know this isn't the exact answer you were looking for but it's what worked out for us when we moved to a new town. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:45 AM on Aug. 29, 2010