what can i do or what am i doing wrong i shave but it still looks wierd some little dark spots where the hair is like if i didnt shave

every time i shave i get this little black spots that just never disapear what can i do or how can i make them disapear any tips?

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 7:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• the black spots are hair under the skin that is still in the follicle.. I'm guessing you have fair skin, and thus it shows more..

waxing is probably your best and safest option.. (bleaching could further discolor your skin or burn it).
    Waxing pulls the hair from the root, it doesn't just trim the surface like shaving.
    Plus's about waxing: lasts4-6 weeks on average, no black spots, smoother legs, and can reduce the numbers of hair you grow by sometimes damaging the follicle. (so do it once every 4-6 weeks, or face shaving every day)

Negatives: it's a little more expensive than shaving.. and you have to be careful of allergies or medications or medical conditions you may have (although a wax technician will be able to tell you everything you need t oknow there).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You can try waxing. The 'black spots' are hair follicles, I think.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you have dark hair the hair follicles still show up as dark spots (trust me I have dealt with this my whole life) and short of waxing or bleaching you don't get rid of them. When shaving you simply cut the skin at the surface so the spots are still there. Waxing pulls them out at the roots so the spots don't show up for a few days.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Let it grow out for a little, about 1/4 inch then shave. That worked for me with any body part. If not try to let it grow longer and try again
    BkMommy2be

Answer by BkMommy2be at 9:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You aren't doing anything wrong. Shaving cuts the hair off at the surface of the skin so if your skin has ANY transparency you will be able to see the remaining hair follicle left underneath. Waxing should eliminate it but honestly... it really isn't a huge deal. I am sure that you probably can' see it except for when you are really close.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• wax
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Exfoliate. Rub a loufa over wherever you shave when you are done.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:40 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• shave more often and lotion afterwards or baby oil works good
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 4:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2010