My husband and I have been trying to conceive a child for about 10 months now. 4 OBGYNs and a Fertility clinic later, I apparently just do not ovulate. There are no cysts, or blockage of any kind. No hormone imbalance or any justifiable medical reason for why I do not ovulate. I am 29 yrs old and since the first time I got my period at 14yrs, I have maybe had it a total of 12 times. So am I just lucky???

wpured

Asked by wpured at 2:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Lucky in the sense that you naturally don't have to deal with "aunt flow" every month, but that is making hard for you to conceive a baby something that you and DH want.

Have any of the Dr suggested using NFP to help you figure out when you have/are ovulating to help better your chances of conceiving? Or any other methods out there to help make ovulation more regular (if possible)??

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Depends on what you mean lucky. If you have had your period only 12 times in 15 years, well, i'm not a medical doctor, BUT, you pretty much have to have a regular period I would think to get pregnant, cause after your period you ovulate. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.
    Anonymous

• Are you veegan? Or vegitarian? Or perhaps you take alot of herbal supplements? That could cause lack of a period. And Ide say 12 periods in 15 years is MIGHTY lucky for you unless you really want to concieve.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Definitely lucky in the sense that you dont have a period but hardly lucky at all when it comes to conceiving. Have you tried Chlomid? It is a drug that induces ovulation and works for many. A great friend of mine just recently conceived on her first cycle with Chlomid!
    aryn12205

Answer by aryn12205 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I have tried Chlomid...so far nothing...well according to the ovulation strips there is nothing. The next step according to the fertility doc is an x-ray and u/s of my fallopian tubes while I have my induced period. They can only do it on day 3 I believe.
    wpured

Answer by wpured at 7:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• lucky in the fact that u don't have to invest in tampons and pads... as far as kids it'll just make it more difficult in timing when to have them
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2008