Why do you think this is?

Okay, they say that when we are pregnant it is important to watch what we eat because the baby east what we do becuase he gets his nutrients through the umbilical cord. So why do they advise against giving regular people milk to babies under 1. They say they can't digest it, but wern't they digesting it while still inside us. I know i drank a lot of milk when i was pregnant. I seriously mean like a gallon every 1 or 2 days. What is your opionon or theory? This just meant as a curious learning question. No bashing needed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the food and liquids you eat doesnt literally go to the babies stomacfh, the nutrients in it does along with toher chemicals etc that are in the foods your eating.
    Anonymous

• your blood feeds the baby's blood while in utero. there isn't any direct connection between your stomach and theirs.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Yes, the pp's are right, YOUR body digests it, and gives the nutrients to the baby. Babys body cant digest it himself until about 12 months. And think about it in another way....I ate TONS of chesse when I was preg, almost a block to myself on somedays, but I wouldnt even consider giving a slice of cheese to my baby
    Anonymous