good vacume

i live on a dirt road and our yard is all dirt, so we get tons of dirt in our house. the vacume i have right now gets clogged very quickly. i spend more time un clogging it than cleaning with it. we also have two cats, but they don't shed very much. what would be a good vacume under $100 that doesn't get clogged much. i could do $200, but under $100 would be better.

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 7:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It's the Eureka Optima.

http://www.eureka.com/Optima-431F-lightweight-vacuum
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 8:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• sorry, I was going to say dyson before I even read the 100/200 limit lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yep, I was going to say Dyson too before I saw your price limit. In my experience all of the vacuums we ever owned never lasted very long, we always bought ones for around 100 - 150 and usually would have to replace them every year. The sucking power was never enough and would only get worse the older it became. If you can't afford the Dyson, then you will have no choice but to buy what you can, but we have had our's for over 4 maybe 5 years now and it is still sucking as strong as it was when we bought it... I believe we paid 450 - 500.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Hoover Wind Tunnel I have the pet one with rinsable filters. I love it. my mom says her Dyson works really well but hers cost about $500. Mine was on sale at Target for $160 with a $25 gift card. keep checking the ads they run this promotion quite often. I bought mine about a month ago.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• DH and I both have thick long hair, as well as 2 long hair cats... I bought a tiny bagless upright for $50 at target. I LOVE IT!!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 8:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have to agree was going to also say Dyson. Before I bought mine I was having to buy a new one every year well I just got tired of that. So last yr at tax time I bought one. It was the best purchase I ever made. Very good vacuum.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 8:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I lived in a place where it was very dusty and we used a shop vac they work great and i think they are in the price range you are thinking oh and a big plus is they also suck up watter i loved the one we had ,
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no idea but heres a bump and gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:32 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Shark vac, I purchased mine for $80 something on sale @ target but worth any price
    BkMommy2be

Answer by BkMommy2be at 9:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• the cheapest one at costco....if it cloggs...take it back and get the next model...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010