am I tooo jealeous

I have always loved the name Nicole and always wanted to name my first daughter that but it happens to be my hubbies x-girlfriends name so i totoally refuse ....Is that stupid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• no i wouldnt want to think of my husbands ex everytime i call my daughter either.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• No it's not stupid. I wouldn't do it either!
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 2:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Nope, totally not stupid. We had names picked out before we even knew if we were having a boy or a girl, and one of the boy names he had suggested was Tytan. Well, thats all fine and dandy, but I just so happen to know that Tytan was the name he and his ex came up with, in case they were to ever get pregnant (they never did). So when he presented that to me I said absolutely not.

Stand by your decision. It is not childish or petty. I would never have named my daughter after his ex (be it intentional or not).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• But do you really want to let some dumb woman be the reason you dont get to name your daughter what you always dreamed?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• No it's not stupid, don't do it. I hate a particular name that's my husband's ex, not only ex but he also had an affair with her so everytime I even hear that name in life or even on tv it makes me cringe!
    Anonymous

• If it bugs you to even think of, then I would say find a new name!
    msmikkle

Answer by msmikkle at 10:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• NO! What about the name melody. i always liked it. not too many ex's have had any girls named that. it's kinda rare!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008