I know every baby is differen-t and I'm sure this has been asked a lot. But does a 5 month old only drink 2 oz of formula at a time? That seems low to me...

Erica_Smerica

Asked by Erica_Smerica at 7:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I guess it depends how often hes eating it. My son ate small amounts for a while but he would vomit it all up because he had pyloric stenosis. At five months he was eating 4 ounces ever couple hours. Now hes eight months and has 6 ounces ever few hours, but he also eats baby food, and table food a few times a day and drinks water in a tippy at meal time. So the bottle stretch can be a little longer in between.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• That seems low to me as well....
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I read somewhere it should be about an oz for every hour. So if they go two hrs between feedings they should take 2 oz. 4 if it was 4 hrs. This is what I go by when trying to pump enough for when I am away.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• my 5 month old drinks 7oz every 4 hours or so. Try holding off a little while and offering more oz. How often is he eatting?
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• that is low but how often does he drink that 2 oz. My son drank 6oz every 3 hrs
    BkMommy2be

Answer by BkMommy2be at 10:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2010