well i just had a baby 10 weeks ago and i been having trouble breatfeeding him i was wondering if any one has any advice on what i can do to produce more milk i have tried evrything i drin plenty of water i have left him feeding for hrs even whe he sleeps but i still having trouble

IRMA1314

Asked by IRMA1314 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• make sure your eating enough/healthy food. I find that if im eating junk that I don't produce as much...that's just me though. Good luck...keep it up!!! x
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Before I can offer any advice, what makes you believe you're not producing enough milk?
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes I need to know why you think your having trouble before I can even begin to try and help.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Eat healthy, drink a lot of water. Oatmeal is suppose to increase your milk. I'm sure your doing fine, there really isn't a right or wrong amount to produce. Good Luck to you, and congrats on you little one.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yeah first things first, why do you think you are not producing enough? It is very common in the early months for growth spurts to cause what seems like non stop nursing and if you are pumping and not getting much that is NOT an indicator of production either. As long as LO is having 6-8 wet/dirty diapers a day and gaining fine then I wouldn't be too worried. As for increasing supply try some fenugreek and oatmeal. Drink lots of water, continue your prenatals and eat a well balanced diet.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• IF you really aren't making enough, there are prescriptions the doc can give you. I had to take it after birth control screwed up my supply. (In a matter of days I went from getting 20 oz to 3 oz) And I'll warn you, they work, but the side effects are NOT fun. They did get us through 6 months until 12 months, at which point dd stopped taking bottles during the day, so I stopped pumping at work. We stopped nursing completely at 17 months.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 8:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You're doing everything right! One more thing you can try is to pump. The more your baby drinks (and /or pump) the more your body will make. Sounds like you are doing very well!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:32 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I agree, what is making you think you're lacking? Need to know SPECIFICALLY.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i was having probelms too so my midwive suggested drinking something called mother's milk tea you can get it at a supermarket and it helps promote healthy lactation but ask your doctor first if its a good idea for you.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 8:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• eat oatmeal...keep drinking lots of water...drink mother's milk tea and go to the store and get some fenugreek...take it every day
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010