Leave it alone or say something?

So I moved farther from my friends and family closer to my SO work and life. My community is not exactly the most welcoming so I havent been able to make much friends. I feel a bit alone. But we need to be close to his job so we have to stay. His best friend is our dd godfather but is never ever around. Never calls or anything. He has seen her once for a couple of hrs since she was 1 and she's already going to be 2. He lives about 7 minutes away. One of my SO's friends caused drama between the godfather and I over a yr ago but I came to him to "cleared it up". But ever since they ignore my calls or text or anything. Its frustrating that they act this way toward me and my SO has never said anything to his drAma king friend or the godfather about his absence in our dd's life or the reasons why they are treating me this way. I want to contact him and ask him straight out since my SO avoids this completely. Should I or not?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 7:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• If you used to be friends, it was supposedly cleared up, and it is still bothering you... me, I would try contacting... just be prepared for more rejection. It could turn out better than that, just keep your expectations low and be prepared to let it go after that.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• He still considers them to be best friends and just doesn't say anything to them because he will avoid confrontation at any cost. I hate that I feel so put out when I didn't cause the drama and the drama king was forgiven for his shit but I'm still ignored for the most part. Maybe it's a guy thing. No matter what their friends do they take them back but me they put out. Scratching head...
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• say something for sure. im not sure if something went sour between my parents and my godfather (my dad's brother) but he was only around for my baptisim as fas as i know. those are the only pictures i have ever seen him in besides after i was born. I got married 9 months ago and some guy congratualted my husband and i and after he walked away i asked my husband who it was and turns out he was my godfather and uncle. when choosing my daughters godparents we made sure they were someone we would be seeing and showing up in our daughters life
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i would just start inviting him over for dinner and things and act like there was nothing that happened, and if he keeps declining, then confront him about it. Give him the chance to just get over it, unless he refuses to- and if he refuses then kick his bum! :)
    gtwerd

Answer by gtwerd at 11:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• eh, i would just let it go. being a god parent is a big responsibility and if he doesnt take it seriously then he doesnt deserve that title. you are all adults if he cant forgive and let go , then you shouldnt worry about it. like you said he is a drama king

3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would try to talk to him about it again. You can't fix anything without communicating about it. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• This is supposed to be your DD godfather? He sure doesn't act like one. I would try to clear this up, but don't push it. Something doesn't sound right. Your SO should be talking to him and find out exactly what is going on. I wish you the best of luck.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:01 AM on Aug. 29, 2010